Hiddenite Volunteer Fire Deptment
When the people of Hiddenite decided they wanted a fire department, they got one in a hurry. In March of 1950, the department was ready for service at a cost of only .00, including the trucks. Although it's a community of only several hundred citizens, this one-time rare gem of North Carolina now has two stations and a force of 35 volunteer firemen. One station is located in the town of Hiddenite and the other, built in 2002, is located about 4 miles north in the Gwaltney's community of Hiddenite.The equipment and manpower of HVFD is second to none.
- 350 1987 International Pumper
- 351 2008 International Pumper/ Tanker
- 353 1991 International Tanker
- 354 2004 Ford F350 Brush Truck
- 355 1997 International Pumper
- 356 2003 Freightliner Pumper/Tanker
- 357 1998 American General 6x6 Brush/Tanker
- 359 1974 Chevy Tanker
Check out photos of our apparatus in the "Our Apparatus" Link.